- Price development for neodymium magnets
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Received an empty package: fraud, theft?
- Live Customer Service
- Customer Testimonials
- Catalog of Super Strong Magnets
- Magnet Frequently Asked Questions
- Magnets Military and Aerospace
- Magnet Safety
- Neodymium Magnets
- Neodymium Magnets Ideas
- Strong Neodymium Magnet
Super Strong Neodymium Magnet
Neodymium is a rare earth metal and a special material: Combined with iron and boron it creates the currently strongest permanent magnets in the world. They can be produced in various shapes (discs, blocks, cubes, rings, rods and spheres). Their nickel-copper-nickel coating lends them an appealing silver surface. Hence, these special magnets are great as gifts for arts and crafts fans and model makers.
- Super-strong adhesive force
- Suitable for small spaces (miniaturisation)
- Even the smallest neodymium magnets are just as strong as larger common magnets
Neodymium super magnets: The strongest in the world
You might ask yourself: What makes a neodymium magnet a super magnet? And: Isn't a cheaper ferrite magnet sufficient for my project?
The special combination NdFeB leads to a high adhesive force even in small magnets. Hence, ferrite magnets of the same dimensions are much weaker.
We recommend super magnets if you need a small and light product that is also aesthetically pleasing with its even silver surface. The rare metal makes it a little bit more expensive though.
Neodymium Magnets (Rare Earth)
(NdFeB) Neodymium, a rare earth magnet, is made up of Neodymium Iron and Boron and is moderate in price. With poor corrosion resistance, a neodymium iron boron magnet is usually plated or coated (Examples: Nickel Plated, Epoxy Coated, Parylene Coated). Neodymium magnets are offered in a range of operating temperatures depending on your application (80°C to 200°C). Premium Neodymium magnetic materials capable of operating above 120°C can become quite expensive. This permanent super magnetic material has many intellectual property rights associated with it and there are a limited number of licensed manufacturers in the world. Many infringing manufacturers from the Pacific-rim dump subpar magnetic material into the Western markets. This magnetic material is extremely powerful and it has allowed for the downsizing of many products from HDD (Hard Disc Drives) and motors to novelties and audio devices. Neodymium permanent magnets usually offer the best value when comparing price and performance.
- What is a neodymium magnet? Neodymium magnets are strong permanent magnets, and part of the rare-earth magnet family. They are also referred to NdFeB magnets or NIB, as they are composed mainly of Neodymium (ND), Iron (Fe) and Boron (B).
- Why are neodymium magnets so strong? Neodymium magnets are considered strong because they resist demagnetization and have a high saturation magnetization. Although neodymium magnets are more costly than ceramic magnets, these super strong magnets pack a powerful punch! With neodymium magnets, you can use a smaller sized magnet to achieve the same objective. This can potentially lead to a lower overall cost, as the size of the entire device can shrink.
- How long do neodymium magnets last? Neodymium magnets will likely lose less than approximately 1% of their flux density over a 100-year period if their physical properties remain intact.
- What are the main characteristics of neodymium magnets? Neodymium magnets are far less subject to cracking & chipping and less costly than other rare-earth magnetic material such as Samarium Cobalt ("SmCo"). They are however, more sensitive to temperature. For applications where this is critical, SmCo may be the better choice, since its magnetic properties are very stable at elevated temperatures.
- What grades & shapes are available for neodymium magnets? Grades 30-52 of Neodymium magnets are available in disc, rectangle, square and rod shapes, and can be custom manufactured to meet your specialty requirements.
- What are some common applications for neodymium magnets? Neodymium Magnets are typically used in audio equipment (microphones, headphones, and loudspeakers) hard disk drives, pumps, bearings, MRI scanners, electric vehicles, wind generators, high performance motors, actuators, magnetic therapy, anti-lock braking systems, levitation devices, door latches, model making, arts & crafts, home improvement (DIY-fixing furniture, hanging pictures etc.) POP displays & more.
- What are the best temperatures to use for neodymium magnets? Neodymium magnets should not be used in temperatures above 130° C(240° F) without careful magnetic circuit design. Please contact us to discuss your application with our engineers if you plan on using these magnets above this temperature.
- Do neodymium magnets require surface treatments? Neodymium magnets that are not protected with a surface coating (such as plating) may rust in humid conditions. (top)
- What common bonding applications are used for neodymium magnets? Neodymium magnets are often assembled into products using “super glues” such as Loctite 325. As with all bonding applications, please ensure that bonding surfaces are clean and dry (prior to bonding) for best results.
- What is a permanent magnet? Permanent magnets represent the majority of magnetic materials available today. A permanent magnet is made from ferromagnetic materials, which have magnetic fields that do not turn on and off like electromagnets. We carry a large inventory of permanent magnets; neodymium, alnico, ceramic (ferrite) and samarium cobalt, in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and grades.
- What is a rare-earth magnet? Rare-earth magnets are the strongest type of permanent magnets available today, and produce significantly stronger magnetic fields than ceramic (ferrite) or alnico magnets. There are two types of rare-earth magnets; neodymium and samarium cobalt, both of which are available for on-line purchase. Click here to learn more information about magnetic materials.
- How are magnets rated? Magnets are typically rated by their residual induction, coercive force & maximum energy product. This refers to the maximum strength that the magnetic material can be magnetized to.
- What does "approximate pull Info" mean? The approximate pull info listed for Neodymium magnets are for reference only. These values are calculated under the assumption that the magnet will be attached to a flat, ground 1/2" thick mild steel plate. coatings, rust, rough surfaces, and certain environmental conditions can significantly reduce the pull force. Please be sure to test the actual pull in your actual application. For critical applications, it is suggested that the pull be de-rated by a factor of 2 or more, depending on the severity of a potential failure.
- What safety precautions should be taken into consideration when working with neodymium magnets? Neodymium magnets are hard, fairly brittle, and high in magnetic strength. They can snap together with great force, so please ensure that all personnel handling these magnets are aware to handle them carefully in order to avoid injuries. They can also chip or break if dropped or if snapped together, so please take special care when handling these powerful magnets!
We recommend ferrite magnets when:
- used outdoors
- exposed to temperatures over 80 °C
For outdoor use we also carry some rubberised super magnets.
Also in our Magnet-Shop: Self-adhesive neodymium magnets e. g. as clasps for paper and cardboard articles, for name tags and arts & crafts.
The online shop for strong neodymium magnets - The Most Powerful Permanent Magnets!
Buy powerful neodymium magnets on-line today! Our Magnet-Shop carries a large inventory of neodymium magnets, available in discs, blocks (rectangular & square), rings, and rods in a wide range of shapes and sizes, not all of which are shown on this website.
Neodymium (Neo or NdFeb) magnets are strong permanent magnets, and part of the rare-earth magnet family. Neo magnets have the highest magnetic properties, and are the most powerful commercially available magnets today. Because of their magnetic strength, neodymium magnets are the preferred choice for many consumer, commercial and technical applications.
Common applications for neodymium magnets include high-performance motors, jewelry clasps, audio equipment, POP displays, science projects, arts & crafts, model making, home improvement projects, hanging artwork & much more.
Because of the up to 50% higher energy product are our permanent magnets not to compare to conventional magnets!
We offer you, besides our low prices, constantly a large selection of magnets in different sizes and shapes. Our large inventory and the daily shipment ensure that we can also deliver larger quantities quickly and flexibly. When it comes to strong magnets, we are the right partner!
Helping You Design, Develop, And Produce Innovative Magnetic Products
- Application Assistance. Get insights that give you confidence in selecting the right magnets. At Magnosphere Magnets our goal is to understand your project and help you develop custom tailored solutions.
- Just-In-Time Delivery. Same-Day shipping on all orders placed before 2 pm through DHL or UPS, Mon-Fri.
- Custom Magnets. We produce custom magnets with quick and accurate lead time. Custom sizes and grades are available in Bonded or Sintered Neodymium, AlNiCo, Ferrite (Ceramic), Rubberized, and many more materials. We provide design & engineering assistance, and rapid plastic prototypes. If your application consists of a magnet embedded into a plastic or metal part, we can usually produce the entire assembly. If you need large production runs of magnets or assemblies, we can help.
- Licensed Magnets. All magnets bought through Magnosphere Magnets are guaranteed to be legal. Many neodymium magnet production processes are patented, and neodymium manufacturers are required to pay a license fee in order to legally sell NdFeB magnets (covered by patent protection) in the US..
Who supplies high quality Supermagnets, Magnets and Magnet Material?
Magnosphere offers best priced Neodymium magnets globally to all industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Military, Advertising, Design House, Electronic and Academic/R&D. Please inquire for custom Neodymium magnets or magnetic assembly.
Buy Magnets and Magnet Material at Magnosphere and get a better deal!
We can also custom manufacture these to fit your exact specifications using our in-house global manufacturing facilities and team of experienced engineers. Need high quantities of magnets at the lowest and fairest price possible? Just let us know what you are looking for and contact our Customer Care Team by sending us a request for quote! We'll work with you to determine the most economical way of providing you with what you need.
- Telefax: +49.2241.9594520
- eMail: info(at)magnosphere.co.uk
We are very proud to offer excellent customer service. We know that without our clients, we would not be here.
If you have any questions about your order or something else, please call or email us!: info(at)magnosphere.co.uk
24 / 7 x 365 Including holiday periods! Our customer service team is available to help you!