Pot Magnets with External Thread
Magnosphere Magnets offers pot magnets that produces increased amount of force into a material known as ferromagnetic. Coated with Ni or Zinc plated steel, NdFeB Pot Magnet with External Threaded Stud have an improved magnetic circuit, which allows clamping forces to achieve minimal size. To clamp up the magnet in such a place there are some pot magnets comes in standard hole and a nut. Within the pot assembly of these magnets, it carries out NdFeB permanent magnets. To make it workable at sub zero conditions (-10 to -20 deg C), ferromagnetic casing and design the whole process of Demagnetization which provides NdFeB can use up to +80 deg C.
Some versions have an additional rubber coating also. Although, this rubber coating introduces an “air gap” which reduces the maximum clamping force. The additional friction provided the magnets to be clamp on a vertical surface, with extra friction to minimize sliding.
The sheer force required to slide a pot magnet along a clamped surface is approximately 1/5th of that of the direct pull force required to pull the magnet perpendicular to the clamped surface; using a rubber coat magnet which improves the sheer force.
The Pot Magnet that produces an with Male Threaded / External Threaded Stud / Boss, Mounted on a dimension in such way, that the basic pot size and the size of the stud which are given to the total height. The height of the main pot magnet plus the length of the stud.
Function of Pot Magnets (Neodymium Magnets) with Threaded Stud
- Principle: The strong neodymium magnets are embedded in a steel pot. The steel pot increases the adhesive force of the magnet on direct contact with a thick iron surface. If there is no direct contact with the counterpart, or if the steel plate is thin, painted or rough, you can strain it much less.
- Shear force: The indicated adhesive force was measured perpendicular to the surface to which the magnet should stick. It takes a lot less strength to move the magnet sideways. Therefore, you can strain a pot magnet much less if you use it on a wall as opposed to using it on the ceiling.
- Rust: These magnets are not rust-proof and therefore intended for dry indoor use.
Pot Magnets / Pot & Clamping Magnets
Pot magnets are strong magnets that are developed for the current industrial needs. They are made up of magnets like NdFeB, SmCo, AlNiCo, hard ferrite, plastic, rubber and other components. These magnets can produce a magnetic field on its exclusive surface. Depending on the usage, pot magnets are of different size, shape and width. Different types of pot magnets functions in different temperature. However they give same result in the normal temperature.
Pot magnets, also known as holding discs, are generally used for gripping, clamping and fixing components together. Defined by a central void, some threaded, others countersunk, this cavity allows for attachment to non-magnetic surfaces via a screw, rivet or bolt. Pot magnets are clung onto the walls or ceilings of shipping containers on work sites, utility spaces or inside trucks with a hook or eyelet screwed into the void as hanging point for equipment.
Pot magnets are designed for clamping directly onto a steel surface; they are made from a large magnet encased within a steel shell. They are magnetic on one face only, creating a solid clamping force. However, they should not be used to attract other magnets or attract through a gap as they have a shallow depth of magnetic field. Pot magnets have many advantages and can be supplied with a tapped hole, a countersunk hole, a counter-bored hole, a threaded stud or a threaded collar all for convenient mounting. They can also be supplied with hooks and eyebolt attachments, ideal for hanging a variety of items. A pot magnets circular shape fits snugly into rotary voids created in materials requiring permanent fastening with the capacity to release for service or cleaning. On workbenches as clamping agents, pot magnets hold and release on demand, products like white goods as they undergo assembly or service.
- These magnets have only one surface of magnetic attraction. This type of construction prevents further spread of magnetic field. Due to this, other items or machine parts in the vicinity of the pot magnets do not become magnetized.
- These magnets have ability to retain their magnetic force indefinitely.
- The magnetic force of these magnets are only affected by the increased temperature and external magnetic force.
How does a pot magnet differ to a regular magnet?
Magnetism is confined to one face only, where it is concentrated to give the maximum holding force possible for the size of the magnet. They are more resistant to chipping and cracking as they are protected by their steel shell.
These magnets are versatile magnets which are designed for various industrial applications. The popular industries in which these magnets are used are as follows:
- The metal and steel industry
- Tool shops
- Used to position ferrous-magnetic work pieces
- The permanent pot magnets must not be exposed to radioactive radiations for longer duration as it might effect their magnetic strength.
- This can work within permissible temperature. If these magnets are used beyond permissible temperature limit it might again affect their magnetic strength.
Pot magnets can be fabricated into many shapes and types:
Types of pot magnets
Alnico pot magnets
3.6 ~ 3.8 g/cm3
Ceramic pot magnets
92 ~ 97 Hs (A)
Neoflux pot magnets
58 ~ 78 kg/cm2
Samarium cobalt pot magnets
125 ~ 165 %
Pot electromagnets pot magnets
Depending on the temperature durability these magnets are of following types:
- Samarium Cobalt Pot Magnets
- Other Pot Magnets
Who supplies high quality External Thread Neodymium Pot Magnets?
Magnosphere offers best priced External Thread Neodymium Pot Magnets globally to all industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Military, Advertising, Design House, Electronic and Academic/R&D. Please inquire for custom Neodymium magnets or magnetic assembly.
Buy External Thread Neodymium Pot Magnets at Magnosphere and get a better deal!
We routinely manufacture magnets to our customers' specifications. We have assisted many Fortune 500 companies produce magnets for their specific application. We have the ability to produce magnets with varying magnetic properties, pole orientation, size, shape, temperature range, protective coatings and mechanical properties. We specialize in rare-earth magnetic materials and can produce magnets in Alnico, Ceramic Ferrite, NdFeB and SmCo materials. We can produce both sintered and bonded magnetic materials. If you have a specific requirement, contact us to discuss your application. Need high quantities of magnets at the lowest and fairest price possible? Contact our Customer Care Team !