Pot Countersunk Magnets / Neodymium Pot Magnets
These Neodymium Shallow Pot Magnets feature a countersunk hole to accommodate screw fixings. They are ideal for applications where magnets are used closing mechanisms, where the screw head must be concealed, such as cabinet doors, drawers, gate latches and door holdings. They are also ideal for other applications such as shop fitting where magnets are used for attaching shelving, signage, lighting systems and window displays. Neodymium is the perfect material for these applications as it gives a high magnetic strength to size ratio, hence a small magnet can be used in applications where space is limited. The countersunk hole in the magnet can accommodate anything from M3 to M5 screw head size depending on the magnet size.
Countersunk magnets are available with either pole on the magnetic face so that they can be used as a pair to attract or repel. If you are using two magnets to attract you need to make sure the opposite poles are facing each other as identical poles will repel!
Some of their uses include:
- Cabinet making - Typically you’ll find countersunk magnets used as invisible closing mechanisms and soft drawer closures.
- DIY - Neodymium magnets can be used to create gate latches, holding doors open and closed, fixing bath panels and creating removable access panels.
- Shop fitting – Magnets are often used in shelving and lighting systems, screens, window displays and signage.
- Regular countersunk magnets are the only suitable choice if you need magnets to work through a gap, while countersunk pot magnets work best when clamped directly against a steel surface
- Countersunk Magnets
Pot Magnets / Pot & Clamping Magnets
Pot magnets are strong magnets that are developed for the current industrial needs. They are made up of magnets like NdFeB, SmCo, AlNiCo, hard ferrite, plastic, rubber and other components. These magnets can produce a magnetic field on its exclusive surface. Depending on the usage, pot magnets are of different size, shape and width. Different types of pot magnets functions in different temperature. However they give same result in the normal temperature.
Pot magnets, also known as holding discs, are generally used for gripping, clamping and fixing components together. Defined by a central void, some threaded, others countersunk, this cavity allows for attachment to non-magnetic surfaces via a screw, rivet or bolt. Pot magnets are clung onto the walls or ceilings of shipping containers on work sites, utility spaces or inside trucks with a hook or eyelet screwed into the void as hanging point for equipment.
Pot magnets are designed for clamping directly onto a steel surface; they are made from a large magnet encased within a steel shell. They are magnetic on one face only, creating a solid clamping force. However, they should not be used to attract other magnets or attract through a gap as they have a shallow depth of magnetic field. Pot magnets have many advantages and can be supplied with a tapped hole, a countersunk hole, a counter-bored hole, a threaded stud or a threaded collar all for convenient mounting. They can also be supplied with hooks and eyebolt attachments, ideal for hanging a variety of items. A pot magnets circular shape fits snugly into rotary voids created in materials requiring permanent fastening with the capacity to release for service or cleaning. On workbenches as clamping agents, pot magnets hold and release on demand, products like white goods as they undergo assembly or service.
- These magnets have only one surface of magnetic attraction. This type of construction prevents further spread of magnetic field. Due to this, other items or machine parts in the vicinity of the pot magnets do not become magnetized.
- These magnets have ability to retain their magnetic force indefinitely.
- The magnetic force of these magnets are only affected by the increased temperature and external magnetic force.
How does a pot magnet differ to a regular magnet?
Magnetism is confined to one face only, where it is concentrated to give the maximum holding force possible for the size of the magnet. They are more resistant to chipping and cracking as they are protected by their steel shell.
These magnets are versatile magnets which are designed for various industrial applications. The popular industries in which these magnets are used are as follows:
- The metal and steel industry
- Tool shops
- Used to position ferrous-magnetic work pieces
- The permanent pot magnets must not be exposed to radioactive radiations for longer duration as it might effect their magnetic strength.
- This can work within permissible temperature. If these magnets are used beyond permissible temperature limit it might again affect their magnetic strength.
Pot magnets can be fabricated into many shapes and types:
Types of pot magnets
Alnico pot magnets
3.6 ~ 3.8 g/cm3
Ceramic pot magnets
92 ~ 97 Hs (A)
Neoflux pot magnets
58 ~ 78 kg/cm2
Samarium cobalt pot magnets
125 ~ 165 %
Pot electromagnets pot magnets
Depending on the temperature durability these magnets are of following types:
- Samarium Cobalt Pot Magnets
- Other Pot Magnets
Who supplies high quality Countersunk Pot Magnets?
Magnosphere offers best priced Countersunk Pot Magnets globally to all industries, including Automotive, Aerospace, Military, Advertising, Design House, Electronic and Academic/R&D. Please inquire for custom Neodymium magnets or magnetic assembly.
Buy Countersunk Pot Magnets at Magnosphere and get a better deal!
We routinely manufacture magnets to our customers' specifications. We have assisted many Fortune 500 companies produce magnets for their specific application. We have the ability to produce magnets with varying magnetic properties, pole orientation, size, shape, temperature range, protective coatings and mechanical properties. We specialize in rare-earth magnetic materials and can produce magnets in Alnico, Ceramic Ferrite, NdFeB and SmCo materials. We can produce both sintered and bonded magnetic materials. If you have a specific requirement, contact us to discuss your application. Need high quantities of magnets at the lowest and fairest price possible? Contact our Customer Care Team !