Waterproof Neodymium Magnets with plastic cover and sewing in PVC
Neodymium Magnets are the most powerful of all permanent magnets. The plastic coated neodymium magnets can be used in water or humid environments is without any risk of corrosion, because the polypropylene coating completely surrounds the neodymium magnet. The waterproof magnets have strong adhesive and holding strength thanks to the N42-grade neodymium material which has maximum operating temperature of 80°C.
Waterproof neodymium magnets: rustproof & with scratch protection
These Neodymium disc magnets produce an astonishing pull. Every magnet is fully coated with PTFE which makes them completely waterproof and ideal for outdoor use or applications where the magnet may come into direct contact with water. What's more, because of their resistance to demagnetisation they are ideal for creating a shock-absorbing or damping effect when used to repel other magnets.
The neodymium magnets entirely coated by a layer of rubber or plastic, or even shrink-wrapped into a plastic cover, which provides the following advantages:
- Waterproof: These magnets are rustproof and can be used outdoors and in wet surroundings or even washed if necessary
- Friction (only for rubberised magnets): The rubber layer significantly increases the magnetic force in shear direction
- Scratch protection: Delicate surfaces, such as whiteboards or magnetic glass boards, are well protected
Can be used for:
These magnets have enough strength to be used as fridge magnet, sign, note or picture holder, hardware tools hanger, shower door, work or office, scientific purposes, artwork, projects, aquariums, jewelry and handcraft DIY material.
- Fridge magnet
- Scientific Experiment
- DIY items, craft, hobbies
- Hanging tools, glasses, signs
- Security windows or display curtains
Due to the rubber or plastic coating, the maximum adhesive force of these magnets is slightly lower, however, compared to similar-sized neodymium magnets without coating.
Neodymium block magnets with plastic coating
The strong neodymium magnets are encased in plastic, making them perfect for outdoor use. The polypropylene jacket protects the magnet from oxidation on the one hand, and scratches the surfaces to which the magnet is attached too.
Round neodymium disc magnets with plastic coating
The strong neodymium magnets are encased in plastic, making them perfect for outdoor use. The polypropylene jacket protects the magnet from oxidation on the one hand, and scratches the surfaces to which the magnet is attached too.
Due to the robust coating, these magnets have the following advantages:
- The use of the magnets in water or humid environments is possible without any problems, since the PP coating completely encloses the neodymium magnet.
- Sensitive surfaces are protected by the plastic coating. This means that these magnets can be used on whiteboards or magnetic glass boards, for example, without leaving any scratches.
- The cast-in magnet is nickel-plated, has a high magnetization quality and has a maximum operating temperature of 80°C.
Sew-in waterproof neodymium magnet in square PVC case
This magnet consists of a strong disc magnet, which is welded into a solid plastic foil. The magnet is waterproof and rustproof thanks to the cover. This makes it ideal for use in damp environments or for sewing into clothing. Thanks to the plastic film, the magnet can also be washed without being damaged.
Waterproof rubberized neodymium round cylinder magnets
These neodymium magnets have a rubber coating and can be used permanently outdoors or in water. Our plastic-coated neodymium magnets are provided with robust rubber or plastic. The coating is corrosion-resistant, which means that the magnets can be used wonderfully as permanent magnets outdoors. Moist applications or even use under water are therefore possible.
Our coating not only keeps the magnet rust-free, but also offers scratch protection for sensitive surfaces and the magnet itself.
- Rust resistance even in wet environment
- Protection of sensitive surfaces such as whiteboards and magnetic glass boards from unwanted scratches
Magnets encased in stainless steel housing
- Structural: The whole magnet surface is wrapped with stainless steel, and the thickness of the stainless steel on the working surface is 0.6mm. The welded stainless steel jacket protects the magnet while reducing the loss of magnetic force.
- Performance: Put the product in water for 3-5 seconds, and no bubbling should form on the surface of the product.
- Use: Stainless steel has a good anti-rust effect on the magnet, so the magnet can be used in harsh environments with high humidity or corrosion without being damaged.
Characteristics and applications of the main coatings of magnets.
There are different types of coating for magnets, each with its own characteristics that are best suited to the environment in which the magnet is to operate.
This finish is suitable when the working temperature is reduced, indicatively below 130 °, has a low cost compared to other coatings and protects the magnet from corrosion in open air. It has a thickness of about 5 micrometers, a dull gray or bluish color and is less resistant than the NiCuNi coating.
It appears to be the type of coating most used due to its low cost and the wide range of compatible fields of application. It is a coating consisting of 3 layers (Nickel-Copper-Nickel), with a thickness of about 12 micrometers and which can be used in working environments with temperatures up to 230 ° C. It is generally of a bright metal gray color but there are also versions with black nickel or other colors where visual appearance needs require it.
A solution that provides excellent resistance to corrosion, especially in humid and brackish environments. It has a limited impact resistance so you must pay close attention to avoid oxidation, the maximum working temperature is about 150 ° C and has a thickness of about 12 micrometers.
It is a very thin layer applied over the traditional NiCuNi for applications generally in the medical field, or decorative such as jewelry, because it is suitable for being in contact with the human body. The overall thickness is about 12 micrometers but since the gold is about 0.05 it is easily subject to wear. The maximum working temperature is not higher than 200 ° C.
It can be used in work environments with a maximum temperature of 150 ° C, suitable for use in the medical field because it is suitable for contact with the human body.
PTFE (Teflon) coating:
It is characterized by a high resistance to shocks and abrasion, in fact it makes the magnet waterproof; the maximum working temperature is about 250 ° C and the thickness is between 13 and 25 micrometers. Visually it is dark gray.
One of the main characteristics of this type of coating is the slip resistance it provides to the magnet or to the magnetic bases thus increasing the attraction to the metal surface. In addition to this, it offers the magnet excellent protection against shocks and corrosion. The maximum operating temperature is 80-100 ° C.
As with the PTFE and rubber coatings, this coating gives the magnet a high resistance to shocks and corrosion, the maximum working temperature will be linked to the type of plastic used.
Titanium Nitrate Coating:
It is characterized by strong adhesion to the magnet and use in environments with very high temperatures, obviously compatibly with the use of NdFeB magnets at high temperatures. Often employed in the medical and food sector being approved by the FDA; it does not easily lose its brilliance so it is often used for decorative applications.
Copper, chrome and silver coatings are mostly used for their decorative characteristics, have thicknesses between 10 and 15 micrometers and have different degrees of abrasion resistance. Due to its electrical conductivity, the silver coating is often used in electronic parts or connectors
Buy Neodymium Magnets online
Neodymium Iron Boron (“Neo”, NdFeB or Neodymium) Magnets are made from an alloy containing, amongst others, the elements Neodymium, Iron and Boron (NdFeB). The NdFeB magnets are the strongest type of magnet commercially available and are manufactured in a wide range of shapes, sizes and grades. We offer 53 grades of licensed standard corrosion resistance Neodymium Iron Boron and now an additional 72 grades of improved corrosion resistance Neodymium Iron Boron, each type with 30 types of coating finish for each grade (125 grades in total with 34 finishes – 4250 combinations).
The NdFeB magnets are anisotropic sintered magnets – the alloy is jet milled to a fine powder and is then compacted in the presence of a magnetic field to give it a preferred direction of magnetisation. The NdFeB magnets are then sintered to fuse the powder together before final machining and magnetising produces the completed super strength Neodymium magnet.
The Neodymium magnets are also known as Neo magnets, Neodymium Iron Boron magnets, Neodymium-Iron-Boron magnets, Neodymium Magnets, NdBFe magnets, NdFeB magnets, NIB magnets, Super Strength magnets and Rare Earth magnets (please note that SmCo is also called a Rare Earth magnet). NdFeB is called a Rare Earth magnet because the Neodymium is a Rare Earth element, having a value of 60 on the Periodic Table. For note, there is nothing rare about Rare Earth magnets – the required elements are readily available and the NdFeB magnets are produced in several hundreds of tonnes each year.
The Neodymium Iron Boron magnets (NdFeB magnets) were developed just over 25 years ago and were first commercially available in 1984. Neodymium magnets were initially developed for voice coil motors in computer hard disk drives and this market still accounts for over 50 percent of all Neodymium magnets produced. Other applications include high performance motors, brushless DC motors, generators, magnetic separation, magnetic resonance imaging, sensors and loudspeakers. They are becoming increasingly popular across a wide range of novelty products such as fridge magnets and all kinds of magnetically attachable gadgets for retail markets.
The NdFeB (NIB) magnets, in disc and ring forms, are usually axially magnetised (the round ends are the magnet poles). Diametrically magnetised discs and rings can be produced upon request (looking at the circular end face, the magnetism runs from the 12 o’clock position to the 6 o’clock position in diametrically magnetised magnets). Likewise, the rectangular blocks can be specially produced to be magnetised in any of the three axes (the magnets cannot be re-magnetised in another axis due to the method of production – the sintered NdFeB is anisotropic). Arcs, trapezoids and other shapes can generally also be produced. Bespoke Directions of Magnetisation within the magnet shape may also be possible (subject to confirmation) e.g. for Halbach Array assemblies.
If you require a bespoke/custom Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB, NIB, Neodymium, Neo) magnet or magnetic assembly, Technical Support or our NdFeB Technical Data Sheet, please contact us. And please feel free to browse our NdFeB-Info web site (logo link to the bottom left of this page) for addistional technical information on Neodymium Magnets.
Neodymium magnets are among the most powerful magnets available on the market. Neodymium magnets are made from an alloy of neodymium, iron and boron. They’re what’s known as a as ‘super magnets’ or rare-earth magnet. We offer wide range of neodymium magnets, starting from 0.05kg pull up to a 600kg pull neodymium recovery magnet. Super Strong Neodymium Magnet is one of the world’s strongest and most powerful rare earth magnets. We manufacture every piece in state of the art ISO certified Magnet manufacturing facilities to ensure maximum quality.
PURCHASE NOW AT MAGNOSPHERE - Neodymium Magnets - buy strong rare earth (Neo or NdFeb) Magnets!
- Oriented Through Thickness
- Axially Oriented
- Oriented Through Diameter
- Axially Osiented In Segments
- Diametrical Oriented
- Redically Oriented
Our Neodymium magnets are available in a range of shapes and sizes, offering a superior pull performance to other materials with the same volume, thanks to their NdFeB properties. Explore our wide range of super-strong Neodymium magnets.
Magnosphere Magnets Neodymium rare earth magnets are stronger than the strongest ceramic magnets! Each magnet packs a huge magnetic energy punch and will last forever under normal use. Unlike most other types of magnets, Magnosphere Magnets Neodymium is highly resistant to demagnetization and will not lose their magnetization around other magnets.
Magnosphere Magnets is able to offer you the high quality Neodymium magnets with consistent performance. This Super Strong Neodymium Magnet is extremely powerful and built to last. It’s designed & manufactured under stringent, top quality standards using the latest technology to ensure you receive the best Neodymium Magnet every time.
As the leading manufacturer of Neodymium magnets, Magnosphere Magnets is able to offer you the highest quality Neodymium magnets with consistent performance at the lowest price.
- The Magnosphere Magnet - Super Strong Neodymium Magnet is one of the world’s strongest and most powerful rare earth magnets. We manufacture every piece in state of the art ISO certified Magnet manufacturing facilities to ensure maximum quality.
- STRONG - Neodymium Rare Earth Permanent Magnet
- POWERFUL - Magnosphere Magnets Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets have an extra strong pull force and are triple layer coated (nickel-copper-nickel) for maximum durability and protection against corrosion.
- USEFUL – Use your rare earth magnet for just about anything, including finding studs in your wall, fastening, lifting, hanging objects, various projects & presentations, education, & more. NASA even uses them on Mars Exploration Rovers!
- Most NEO Magnets are magnetized axially through the thickness with poles on the long flat surfaces.
- Triple layer coated (nickel-copper-nickel) for maximum durability and protection against corrosion.
- Manufactured in state of the art ISO certified Magnet manufacturing facilities to ensure maximum quality.
- Useful for just about anything including fastening, holding, hanging objects, finding studs in walls, and more.
- Made from Neodymium, Iron, Boron and other minor elements.
- Resistant to demagnetization.
- WARNING: Fingers could be severely pinched between two or more magnets.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF ALL CHILDREN. THIS IS NOT A TOY. DO NOT ingest or inhale.
- DO NOT place in nose, mouth or any other part of the body. Neodymium Magnets are BRITTLE.
- They can SHATTER, CRACK, PEEL or SPLINTER if allowed to snap together or slam into a metal object.
- Broken magnets can be Extremely SHARP. MAGNETIC MEDIA AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT HAZARD.
- KEEP AWAY from PACEMAKERS Do Not cut or drill Neodymium Magnets, there is a both a fire and fracture hazard and the dust is toxic.
How to Safely Seperate Your Magnosphere Magnets?
- Slide one magnet off the top of the stack.
- Once off thestack,carefully start lifting the magnet.
- Lift the magnet to free it from the stack.
- DO NOT attempt to pull, lift, or pry amagnet from the stack before sliding it to the side.
- DO NOT throw away the white storage spacers.
- DO NOT allow the magnets to snap to each other or any magnetic surface. doing so may cause magnets to break!
Permanent magnet comparison charts: Click here to view
Neodymium Iron Boron (NdFeB) magnets are a type of rare earth alloy with typical atomic structure of Nd2Fe14B which stands for 2 atoms of Neodymium, 14 atoms of Iron(Fe) and one atom of Boron. The sintered Neodymium Iron Boron magnet has higher magnetic properties compare to Samarium Cobalt magnets, however it is more easily oxidized and generally does not have the same temperature resistance. The highest energy products for Neodymium Iron Boron could reach 52 MGOe commercially or more.
Magnosphere is a manufacturer of standard and custom rare earth magnets for the OEM industry. Materials used include sintered and bonded neodymium iron boron, samarium cobalt, aluminum nickel cobalt, ferrite (ceramic), and rubber. Available in various shapes and forms, including discs, rods, plates, cubes, rings, tubes, and spheres. Various magnetization options available. Applications include retail fixtures, motors, sensors, and many more. Magnets for whiteboards, glass boards, and mounts are also available. Capabilities include plating, coating, magnetization, design, simulation, 3D printing or prototyping, plastic injection molding and production. Services include assembly, testing magnetic materials BH curves, coating, plating, engineering design, magnetizing, marking, identification, stabilization, calibration, testing & certification. Markets served include aerospace/defense, medical, industrial, research labs, semi-conductor & telecommunications. JIT delivery!
Neodymium magnets can be fabricated into many shapes and types:
When buying magnets, be sure to read our safety instructions before using the magnets to avoid injury. A powerful neodymium magnet is not a toy!
What are Rare Earth Magnets?
Rare earth magnets, also known as neodymium magnets or samarium cobalt magnets are magnets made from alloys of rare earth elements. They are currently the strongest type of permanent magnets made, and produce significantly stronger magnetic fields than other types such as ceramic or alnico magnets. Rare earth magnets have replaced alnico and ferrite magnets in many applications, including head actuators for computer hard disks, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI),loudspeakers and headphones, several types of motors, and more.
Neodymium (Rare Earth) Magnets: the strongest magnets in the world
Magnosphere offers best priced Neodymium magnets globally. Please inquire for custom Neodymium magnets or magnetic assembly. Neodymium is the strongest available magnet alloy at up to 52MGOe. The use of Neodymium results in smaller, more cost-effective magnet solutions replacing older materials like Alnico and Ceramic in many applications. Magnosphere.can help optimize performance and cost with Neo magnets in grades from 33 to 52MGOe and operating temperatures up to 230°C/446°F. (NdFeB) Neodymium, a rare earth magnet, is made up of Neodymium Iron and Boron and is moderate in price. A neodymium iron boron magnet is usually plated or coated (Examples: Nickel Plated, Epoxy Coated, Parylene Coated). Neodymium permanent magnets usually offer the best value when comparing price and performance. Stock Neodymium magnets are available in large quantities and dimensions.
Rare Earth Neodymium NdFeB
We provide a range of high magnetic strength Rare Earth Neodymium magnets including Disc magnets, Deep Pot magnets, Shallow Pot Neodymium and Round flat neodymium magnets,
- Neodymium NdFeB magnets are, size for size, the strongest type of any magnet material that is commercially available.
- Neodymium NdFeB magnets are often the ideal first choice for many applications because they offer a maximum performance from the smallest magnet volume.
- Neodymium NdFeB should always be coated to guard against the risk of corrosion – NiCuNi, Zinc, NiCuEpoxy and Gold are popular finishes.
Our Magnet-Shop carries a great variety of these powerful magnets to fit many different applications and they are in stock for immediate delivery!
Neodymium NdFeB magnets and their application!
At Magnosphere.co.uk, we sell custom Neodymium NdFeB magnets and custom magnetic assemblies so we can help you find the best fit for your project. Some of the common applications of the rare earth magnets are:
- Motors and Generators
- Automotive (clamps, sensors)
- Separation (rods, grids, etc) – 10-12kG (22-26lbs) systems
- High performance magnetic clamps and pot magnets
- They are used in computer hard drives.
- Rare earth magnets also find their utility in high-end speakers.
Based on the applications and properties earth magnets are of two types:
- Neodymium Magnet
- Samarium-Cobalt Magnet
Process of Making Rare Earth Magnets
- The rare earth magnets are made by using different process involving various stages. The popular stages of the production of rare earth magnets are:
- The first stage is the manufacture of rare earth element alloys.
- The metal alloy is then finely powdered.
- The next step involved is pressing of powder either isostatically or pressing through die process.
- The particles so pressed are oriented.
- Sintering of the element is done accordingly.
- The shapes are then sliced into desired shapes and sizes.
- The coating is done thereafter.
Purchase Now: Neodymium Magnets online
Spplier of Rare Earth Magnet, neodymium magnets and permanent magnets
Our magnetic product assortment includes: disc magnets, ring magnets, magnetic spheres, block magnets, pot magnets, clamping magnets, car roof magnets, ceiling magnets, switching magnets, lifting magnets, flexible rubber magnets, sheet magnets, tape magnets, steel tape, notice boards, notice board magnets, magnetic paper, fridge magnets, business card conversions, magnetic sweepers, magnetic separation rod magnets, separator grids, compasses, gaussmeters, magnetic viewing film, iron filings, experiment kits, generator magnets, reed switch magnets, educational magnets.
Wholesale prices: Click here to request quote
We ship our Magnets worldwid via Sea or Air Shipment
Buy Waterproof Neodymium Magnets at Magnosphere and get a better deal!
Magnosphere produces magnets at great prices, produced and delivered on time for all areas of industry, automotive, aerospace, electronics as well as in the design sector, trade fair construction, offices and for the home.
We are an ISO certified shop and carry the Trusted Shops seal. We have successfully completed more than 300,000 orders and offer our ever-growing customer base 24/7 customer service.
All items are available for immediate delivery in large numbers with daily dispatch. Our selection is your win! Thousands of satisfied customers! Buy from a company with the highest quality standards and customer service with flexible and diverse payment options and conditions.
We can also custom manufacture these to fit your exact specifications using our in-house global manufacturing facilities and team of experienced engineers. Need high quantities of magnets at the lowest and fairest price possible? Just let us know what you are looking for and contact our Customer Care Team by sending us a request for quote! We'll work with you to determine the most economical way of providing you with what you need.
Trust in our experience and convince yourself of our service and our products and we look forward to welcoming you to our magnet shop at Magnosphere. You are welcome to contact us by eMail: info(at)magnosphere.co.uk. Available 24/7 x 365 and we are also there for you on public holidays! Or just give us a call.
- Hotline:+49 (0) 2241 959450
- Telefax: +49.2241.9594520
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very proud to offer excellent customer service. We know that without our clients, we would not be here. If you have any questions about your order or something else, please call or email us!: info(at)magnosphere.co.uk
24 / 7 x 365 Including holiday periods! Our customer service team is available to help you!